Draper Fellow Program
The Draper Fellow (DF) Program typically sponsors 55-65 graduate students each year through a Research Assistant position with his/her school and department. The DF appointment provides full tuition coverage and a monthly stipend for the duration of the student’s degree program. In return, the student carries out his/her thesis research in collaboration with a Draper technical staff member on a project that is of mutual interest to the student, the university faculty advisor and to Draper.
The Draper Fellow program has been a long standing and unique graduate student program. Participants have the opportunity to pursue a graduate degree and be exposed to Draper's breadth of technologies through research projects. Draper Fellow alumni include military officers (e.g. General Janet C. Wolfenbarger), executives at Fortune 500 companies, NASA astronauts (e.g. Dr. Greg Chamitoff), and many go on to careers at Draper (e.g. Vice President of Engineering at Draper, John Dowdle). We invite you to apply.
Process for Pursuing a DF Position for the 2017-2018 academic year:
Step 1: Ensure you meet all of the eligibility requirements:
- DFs must be U.S. citizens (in special cases, Permanent Residents are eligible)
- DFs are typically enrolled in an engineering, science or mathematics Master’s or Ph.D. program
- DFs must carry out their thesis research on-site at one of the Draper offices. This requirement limits the schools from which we can select DFs. Schools we have worked with include:
- Boston Area: MIT, Northeastern, Boston University, Tufts, Harvard, Brown, UMass Lowell
- Tampa Area: University of South Florida
- Houston Area: Rice University
Step 2: Contact Draper:
Complete the online application. Click here for application
Every year, the Education Office has a competitive process for selecting DFs. Information such as name, contact info, school and department, statement of objectives, and resume will be capture in the online form. As needed, we will ask for additional information.
If you have any questions, please send emails to: email@example.com