Employees are the core of our company, and providing benefits that support their wellbeing is a priority. To meet the varied needs of a diverse workforce, Draper offers many options for employee benefits. Draper’s comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans, as well as flexible work options, tuition assistance, a matching program for employee charitable giving and volunteerism—and much more.
- Flexible work options, with supervisor approval, include work-from-home and remote work
- Free and confidential services from counseling to legal consultations through Draper’s employee assistance program
- Resources for finding in-person childcare and backup child- or elder care are available; a matching subsidy is provided towards your enrollment in the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Draper promotes and invests in the educational and professional development of its employees. Employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for Tuition Assistance for courses that begin on or after the employee's date of hire.
- With a qualifying grade and leadership approval, an eligible employee is reimbursed up to $5,250 annually for undergraduate programs and up to $20,000 annually for graduate programs. Draper will reimburse an eligible employee up to $3,000 per year for job-related certificates.
Draper's Headquarters is located three blocks from the Kendall/MIT station in Cambridge, Massachusetts on the MBTA Red Line, and it has a parking garage. Learn more about our other office locations here.
- Partial subsidy of public transportation passes (e.g., MBTA) or on-site parking fees
- Employees may set aside money on a pre-tax basis for transit and non-Draper parking expenses
- Free use of EZRide shuttle to/from North Station for Cambridge employees
- Hybrid and remote positions are available
- Relocation packages are offered based on the role
- Paid vacation time
- Eligibility for paid parental leave following birth or adoption of a child
- Paid holidays
- Generous sick leave
- Employees contribute a minimum of 5% of their base salary on a tax-deferred basis, and Draper contributes an amount equal to 10%
- New plan participants begin with 50% vesting in Draper contributions, earning an additional 10% for every year completed
- Financial webinars and free access to a financial consultant
- Supplemental pay may be available for jobs that require poly clearances
This program provides employees with an opportunity to support the nonprofits and causes they are passionate about, with matching from Draper.
- Draper will match up to a certain amount per employee per calendar year for employee donations to eligible charitable organizations
- Employees have up to eight hours of paid volunteer time each year
- Auto and homeowner’s insurance
- Group legal insurance and identity theft insurance
- Free tutoring
- Critical illness, accident insurance, and hospital indemnity insurance options
- Online retail discounts
- MIT Federal Credit Union membership eligibility
- Pet insurance
- Student loan consolidation services
- Eligibility to use nearby athletic facilities*
- * subject to imputed income tax per IRS guidelines
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs).The MRFs for the benefit package options under the Charles Stark Draper Laboratory, Inc. Welfare Benefit Plan are linked here.
If you believe you have been wrongly billed, you may contact the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services beginning January 1, 2022 at 1-800-985-3059. Visit No Surprises Act for more information about your rights under federal law.